The Philippines has been blessed with unspoiled paradise. It has thousands of islands and numerous luxury beach resorts that will allow you to savor the warmth of tortoise water and amazing views around. Being one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the world during the summer season, the Philippines takes pride of itself as one of the best countries to visit for a refreshing getaway and an ultimate luxury living. Below is a list of the top emerging pit stops that you’ll love to stay in for good.
- Boracay, Aklan. This is a small island in the province which is known as one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Philippines. Boracay is well-known for its powdery white sands and perfect clear blue waters. Another attraction in Boracay is its lively nightlife that has numerous exciting activities. There are several bars, nightclubs and pubs that line in the island’s coastal areas. Water sports are also abundant in Boracay where tourists can go snorkeling and scuba diving to check out different water species that many are endemic to the country. There’s even helmet diving, kite boarding, wind surfing, cliff diving and many others. If you want to simply lie down on white sand and chill, there’s no other place to be than in Boracay.
- El Nido, Palawan. Dubbed as the ‘Last Frontier’ of the Philippines, this offers several great beaches which will make a great escape from the busy city life. Apart from the beautiful, white sandy beaches, El Nido also offers beautiful seascapes with captivating lagoons, lush jungles, very tall marble cliffs and variety of tropical birds to check out. The island is even a popular base for divers with its surrounding waters containing over 50 species of coral attracting whale sharks, sea cows, dolphins, endangered turtles and manta rays.
- Puerto Galera, Mindoro. Another popular holiday destination in the Philippines, Puerto Galera, can be easily reached from Manila. Aside from its proximity to the metropolis, it is also famous for its numerous stunning sandy beaches that surround the town ideal for swimming, snorkeling as well as sailing. Puerto Galera offers the most diverse diving sites in the entire Asia containing one of the highest diversity of water species according to a study made by the University of the Philippines. This is currently protected by UNESCO.
- Panglao, Bohol. This one’s a lot like Boracay as far as the fine white sands and crystal clear blue waters are concerned. What Panglao takes pride is its diving spots that are known as the best in the country and its abundant marine species—hundreds of crustaceans and thousands of mollusks that were just recently discovered. Currently, the island is being developed and the government will soon start the project that will build an airport to further boost the tourism of the island.
- Siargao, Surigao del Norte. A tear-shaped island located in Surigao del Norte, Siargao is known to have the largest mangrove forest in entire Mindanao catering to rich marine diversity. Its exceptional water conditions makes Siargao a must check out pit stop for surfers and divers. The island is even dubbed as the surfers’ haven with surfers all around the world flocking to Siargao because of its large and cloud 9 waves that are perfect for adrenaline rush.
When is the best time to go? The country has a hot and humid tropical climate with a dry season from November to April and a wet season from May to October. If you want to fully enjoy your experience in stunning beaches, the best time of the year when you should visit is during the pleasant months but the thing is that many resorts triple their rates during the dry season. Accommodation prices usually drop by 30% during the off-peak season which is from June to September just in case you’re working on a budget.